Press Release: New Managing Director of The Citystay Group
Serviced apartment group’s co-founder stepping back, and Declan Fitzhenry taking the reigns.
We’re excited to announce a change in Managing Director at The Citystay Group. Neil Fernandez, co-founder, has been steering the company since the conception of Citystay in 2008 – our serviced apartment business in Cambridge.
The reigns have been passed to Declan Fitzhenry, who has been with the Group for eight years, previously working as Operations Manager.
“It’s been a privilege to see the Group grow from a small serviced apartment business spanning just Cambridge to five brands with their own unique value touching a global audience.
Handing the Managing Director reigns over to Declan has come naturally. Declan is a most capable leader and I’m excited to see the plans for the Group come to life with him at the reigns while I continue to steer the mission and vision as Chairperson.”
“The Citystay Group is at an incredibly exciting juncture. We’re launching an aparthotel and are adding apartments to our rapidly growing portfolio in Cambridge. It’s an outstanding opportunity for me to take on this role at such a dynamic time of development.
My goal for the coming years is to take the Group from a small ‘family-run’ business into a larger, multi-skilled organisation. I’ll be advancing our excellent corporate governance, prioritising sustainability strategies, and furthering employee engagement and collaboration.
My vision is to build on the success that has brought The Citystay Group to this point. I’m looking forward to developing the brands and team professionally and personally, ensuring our customers’ satisfaction remains at the centre of our future plans.”
The change in management comes following many recent accomplishments of the Group, including:
- The acquisition of the Regent Hotel, soon to open as the first centrally located aparthotel in Cambridge.
- The addition of 14 apartments to Citystay’s portfolio.
- A successful first year for our corporate booking agent business, InnClusive, signing its first global corporate client.
- Citystay shortlisted as Best Operator, Europe, at the Altos Awards 2021.
Neil isn’t going far. He’ll be Chairperson, driving the Group’s vision, mission and agenda from the Board of Directors. His goal is for the Group to be “the choice provider for short- and medium-term accommodation for corporate and leisure travellers in Cambridge and beyond.”
About The Citystay Group
We’re corporate and leisure serviced accommodation specialists. Under the umbrella sit our four brands:
- Citystay – Serviced apartments in Cambridge.
- Checked Inn – Changing what it means to rent in Cambridge, with apartments available from 12 weeks.
- InnClusive – A corporate booking agent representing simpler, more cost-effective business accommodation, with property partners across the world.
- The Regent – An aparthotel in central Cambridge, giving visitors the tools to unlock the city – coming Summer 2022.
- Cambridge Clean Sheets – Our in-house laundry service.
To learn more about the Group, visit our website. Alternatively, reach out to our Marketing Executive, Rhiannon Burleigh, at email@example.com
- General and PR enquiries: Rhiannon Burleigh | firstname.lastname@example.org
- Accommodation enquiries: email@example.com