Checked Inn wish to assure all our incumbent and prospective occupants that we are aware of the issues around the Coronavirus, and although the risk of infection is low /moderate in the UK currently and the level of risk of having severe symptoms is even lower we are monitoring the situation and taking steps to plan for any disruption.
Information about the virus
The virus, which started in Wuhan City, China, presents mild symptoms in about 81% of people infected, but for a small percentage it can be severe, and even fatal. At present, the world is in a state of infection prevention and control, with many countries putting in place quarantine and self-isolation guidelines for those who may have been exposed to the virus to try to contain the outbreak, other steps include widespread testing and banning large events. The UK has seen reports of offices being closed due to fears that someone may have the virus and with new infection reports pretty much daily, more and more companies are likely to be impacted.
Symptoms of Coronavirus
The symptoms of Coronavirus are:
- a cough
- a high temperature
- shortness of breath
But these symptoms do not necessarily mean you have the illness.
The symptoms are similar to other illnesses that are much more common, such as cold and flu.
What to do if you feel that you have the symptoms of Coronavirus:
You only need to stay away from public places (self-isolate) if advised to by the 111 online Coronavirus service or a medical professional.
- How to avoid catching or spreading germs
There are things you can do to help stop viruses like Coronavirus spreading.
- cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or your sleeve (not your hands) when you cough or sneeze
- put used tissues in the bin immediately
- wash your hands with soap and water often – use hand sanitiser gel if soap and water are not available
- try to avoid close contact with people who are unwell
- touch your eyes, nose or mouth if your hands are not clean
Check if you need medical help
NHS 111 has an online Coronavirus service that can tell you if you need medical help and advise you what to do.
Use this service if:
- you think you might have Coronavirus
- you’ve been to a country or area with a high risk of Coronavirus in the last 14 days– see the Coronavirus advice for travellers
- you’ve been in close contact with someone with Coronavirus
- Use the 111 coronavirus service https://111.nhs.uk/covid-19
Do not go to a GP surgery, pharmacy or hospital. Call 111 if you need to speak to someone. Please note that if you are using a non U.K. cell phone (Mobile phone) and cannot connect try calling 03000200155
How to self-isolate if you’re asked to
If there’s a chance you could have Coronavirus, you may be asked to stay away from other people (self-isolate).
This means you should:
- stay at home
- not go to work, school or public places
- not use public transport or taxis
- ask friends, family members or delivery services to do errands for you
- try to avoid visitors to your home – it’s OK for friends, family or delivery drivers to drop off food
You may need to do this for up to 14 days to help reduce the possible spread of infection.
Read more Coronavirus self-isolation advice via the link below
Should you need to extend your stay with Checked Inn unexpectedly due to the virus please contact our reservations team on 01223 423334 with as much notice as possible and we will do our very best to accommodate you.