Terms & Conditions
The following Terms & Conditions apply to all Checked-Inn licences whether processed via telephone, email, post or in person. Please read them carefully.
Company is registered in England and Wales with registration No. 11266691
Registered Address – Beech House, 4a Newmarket Road, Cambridge, CB5 8DT
For your records please print and retain a copy of these terms and conditions.
- COMPLETING LICENCE
Methods of booking
- In Person Checked-Inn, 2 Nuffield Close, Cambridge, CB4 1SS
- In Writing Please send correspondence to the above address.
- By Telephone Contact our lettings team on +44(0)1223 423334
When organising accommodation with Checked-Inn it is deemed that you (and all those named in the booking) have accepted, in full, the following terms and conditions:
- Checked-Inn reserves the right to refuse any licences at its sole discretion.
- It remains the responsibility of the licensee(s) to provide accurate information including names and whether they are adults or minors.
- A licensee party must include at least one adult, over the age of 18.
- Before occupying your apartment, you will be requested to sign a copy of these terms and conditions as a part (schedule) of, giving you licence to occupy the apartment as a paying licensee.
- Once confirmed no licence may be assigned or transferred in whole or part to any third party.
- PAYING FOR YOUR LICENCE TO OCCUPY
All prices quoted are in Great British Pounds and are inclusive of VAT. VAT is charged at 20% for the first 28 days stay but reduced to 4% thereafter. After 28 days VAT is only chargeable on 20% of the accommodation fee – (20% of 20).
Full payment will be taken at the time of both parties signing the licence unless 4 weekly payment has been agreed.
Payment is to be made by bank transfer.
On the rare occasions where circumstances permit Checked-Inn to accept cash payments a 1.5% handling charge will be applied to any amount over £500 GBP.
Confirmation of your licence to occupy will be e-mailed to you. Please check the details of your licence as soon as you receive it and retain a copy for your reference. Should any of the details be incorrect please contact Checked-Inn immediately and Checked-Inn will endeavour to rectify any inaccuracies straight away.
Although Checked-Inn will attempt to accommodate any amendments you wish to make to your licence, Checked-Inn cannot accept liability for any inaccuracies in information supplied by yourself or any inaccuracies not brought to our attention within five working days of confirmation.
- AMENDING YOUR LICENCE TO OCCUPY
Amendments are subject to availability and to the cancellation terms (see 4). They may, therefore, also be subject to a cancellation fee.
Should you require an amendment to your licence (such as a change of dates) Checked-Inn will endeavour to accommodate your request but can offer no guarantee of being able to do so. Furthermore, Checked-Inn do not accept any liability for any damage, loss, or additional expense incurred by you.
Should your request be to extend your licence, Checked-Inn will again endeavour to meet such a request but can offer no guarantee of doing so. All requests for extensions to a licence have to be received in writing / e-mail. Checked-Inn would appreciate as much notice as possible (in writing) in order to grant a request for an extension of licence, with an absolute minimum of 4 weeks required.
Please note extensions to licences can only be made for periods of weeks at a time.
Once a request to extend a licence has been confirmed Checked-Inn, unless otherwise agreed, reserve the right to take all necessary additional payments from the credit or debit card used to make the original booking. Checked-Inn also reserve the right to charge an administration fee (up to a maximum of £100) for the amendment of a licence including the drawing up of an amended licence if applicable.
Checked-Inn strongly advise that any arrangements of you and your party remain the responsibility of you and your party and you should therefore ensure that you have appropriate insurance cover.
How you can cancel a licence:-
All full or part cancellations of a confirmed booking must be made in writing to:
- Checked-Inn, 2 Nuffield Close, Cambridge, CB4 1SS
- Email is also acceptable although Checked-Inn does not accept responsibility for delayed or misdirected emails.
Please note that any confirmed licence will only be deemed cancelled from the first working day of Checked-Inn’s receipt of notice to cancel.
Cancellations are subject to the following fees:
|Notice to Cancel Received by Checked-Inn||Fees Incurred|
|More than 4 weeks prior to arrival date||50% of 4 weeks fee due|
|Less than 4 weeks prior to arrival date||4 weeks fee due|
|Non-arrivals||8 weeks fees due|
|Early departure||Under the licence the Licensee is entitled to early termination but the clauses outlined will apply. Please note however that Checked-Inn are not obliged to refund fees paid for nights not used in part weeks periods.|
In the unlikely event that Checked-Inn are unable to accommodate a confirmed licence to occupy it may be necessary to offer an alternative of an equal or a superior standard. If at any time we need to make changes that will significantly affect your stay or we need to cancel your stay, we will notify you as soon as possible, offering an alternative or full refund subject to the cancellation or alteration to your licence being within our reasonable control. See point 11.
5.ARRIVING AT AND LEAVING YOUR APARTMENT
Licence Start Date
On the day of occupation Checked-Inn apartments available for occupation at the mutually agreed and pre-arrange time.
On the day of arrival, a member of the Checked-Inn team will meet you at your apartment to help your orientation. They will show you around the apartment, providing any necessary explanations and answering any questions you may have.
You will then be required to show a signed licence agreement with a copy of these terms and conditions and you will then be left the keys to the apartment for the duration of your licence to occupy.
Leaving the Apartment
The apartment will be available to you until 12 noon of the licence end date. Unless otherwise agreed failure to leave by this time may result in Checked-Inn invoking its reserved right to charge additional fees. Procedures for key return when leaving will be provided 4 weeks prior to the licence end date. Please note consequences of lost or missing keys in point 5 below.
- ADDITIONAL CHARGES
Your apartment will be visited at least monthly and Checked-Inn. A minimum of 24 hours’ notice will be provided prior to any visitation.
Checked-Inn reserve the right to, without any further notice, charge for all amounts chargeable under these conditions including but not limited to; breakages, damages and items missing from the itinerary of the apartment.
In cases of soiling, £75 will be charged plus any maid service time required.
Should, on the day of your departure Checked-Inn deem an apartment unfit to re-occupy the licensee will be charged compensation for loss of revenue in addition to the costs of any replacements, repair and cleaning necessary. In such cases Checked-Inn will of course provide a full breakdown of damages and related costs.
Any keys not returned to Checked-Inn on departure will incur a charge of between £60 and £190 depending on what type of key or fob requires replacing.
A call out fee of £50 may also be charged in the event of the emergency telephone number being misused or abused.
All Checked-Inn apartments are occupied under a licence to occupy and therefore no rights of tenancy are created by occupancy or by these terms and conditions.
Only the Licensee(s) may occupy the apartment.
A member of the Checked-Inn team or our authorized agents may at access the apartment for the purpose of inspection, servicing, maintenance or repair, a minimum of 24 hours’ notice will be given where possible, however in certain circumstance, emergency access may be necessary.
The licensee(s) are responsible for leaving the apartment, furniture and all equipment clean and tidy at the end of their licence, failure to do so may incur additional charges; see point 6.
The licensee(s) shall not behave in any way that may jeopardize any part of the insurance held pertaining to the apartment or its contents.
With the exception of normal wear and tear the licensee(s) remain(s) responsible for any damage to the apartment or its contents during the licence period which has occurred due to wilful default, irresponsible behaviour or negligence. Such damage requires reporting as soon as possible and may incur retention of your deposit or additional charges. See point 6.
All licensee(s) agree to use any available internet service responsibly and not for illegal purposes.
Apartments are individual and vary in size. Although Checked-Inn’s website is frequently updated and accommodation and location is confirmed in advance (subject to points 2 and 3 of these terms and conditions) exact furnishings cannot be guaranteed, and may vary from images on the website.
A full inventory of equipment is supplied and no items may be removed from the apartment.
The number of occupants per apartment is restricted to the names outlined in the licence agreement. Should you require additional occupants to stay with you it is imperative that you contact Checked-Inn and we will make every effort to accommodate your requirements. Failure to contact Checked-Inn in such circumstances may lead to Checked-Inn evoking it’s right to terminate a licence.
Checked-Inn operate a strict no smoking policy inside the entire property and communal areas.
Pets: Checked-Inn regret that pets, of any kind, are not allowed in the apartments.
Sub-letting or re-letting the apartment is not permitted.
Unless otherwise specified the prices quoted include, heating, electricity, gas, water, internet connection, and digital television. Although Checked-Inn endeavour to provide the very best of services to its guests it cannot be held responsible for any failure or interruption of services to the apartment or the building, including electricity, water, telephone, internet connections, disruption or noise caused as a result of repair works being carried out in another part of the property. However, upon notification by a licensee, Checked-Inn will endeavour to initiate the maintenance and rectification of the situation or any interrupted service within a reasonable period of time. Should the issue persist, upon notification Checked-Inn will welcome the use of its complaints procedure and at its sole discretion offer alternative accommodation dependent upon availability.
Checked-Inn wish to continually improve its service and therefore value the feedback of its valued guests. In the unlikely event that the service or accommodation offered by Checked-Inn does not meet with your complete satisfaction Checked-Inn would welcome the use of its complaints procedure:
Should you have a complaint please alert a member of the Checked-Inn team as soon as possible.
Should they or another member not be able to resolve the issue within a reasonable time period please write to customer care, Checked-Inn, 2 Nuffield Close, Cambridge CB4 1SS, England or email firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible. Checked-Inn customer care will acknowledge your complaint within 5 working days and attempt to address your concerns.
Checked-Inn will not be liable for any inadvertent inaccuracies, errors or omissions in any information given by Checked-Inn as all such information is given in good faith and every reasonable effort is made to ensure accuracy.
Checked-Inn will not be liable for any theft, loss and or damage to your personal belongings during your stay in the apartment. You are advised that the safety of personal property during your stay, any requirements for passports, any travel arrangements, requirements pertaining to health issues and any financial requirements of you and your party remain the responsibility of you and your party and you should therefore ensure that you have the appropriate insurance cover.
Checked-Inn will not be liable for any delay, loss, damage, or expenses incurred in amending or cancelling your booking or Checked-Inn’s failure or delay in performance of its obligations due directly or indirectly to circumstances beyond its reasonable control, which shall include but not be limited to events such as an act of God, war, civil strife, acts of terrorism, labour disputes, natural or man-made disaster, fire flood, and adverse weather conditions.
Nothing in these terms and conditions shall affect your statutory rights, or the liability of Checked-Inn for death or personal injury caused by negligence on behalf of Checked-Inn or for fraudulent misrepresentation.
Checked-Inn will not be liable for actions or omissions of property owners (where property is not fully owned by Checked-Inn) or of any other third party.
For Corporate Licences to Occupy
If the licence to occupy is in the name of a business, that business shall indemnify Checked-Inn against all liabilities, costs, expenses, damages and losses (including any direct or indirect consequential losses, loss of profit, loss of reputation and all interest, penalties and legal and other reasonable professional costs and expenses) suffered or incurred by Checked-Inn arising out of or in connection with your, or your business, breach or negligent performance or non-performance of these terms and conditions. If you are completing a licence to occupy for, as, or on behalf of a business or business employee, Checked-Inn’s total liability in contract, tort (including negligence or breach of statutory duty), misrepresentation, restitution or otherwise arising in connection with the performance or contemplated performance of your booking shall be limited to the fees paid to Checked-Inn under your booking.
Checked-Inn reserves the right to change these conditions from time to time. Should licensee(s) be in breach of any of these conditions, Checked-Inn reserves the right to request that the licensee(s) vacate their Apartment with immediate effect.
No failure of Checked-Inn to exercise any rights under these terms and conditions shall operate as a waiver of these rights. These conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and the Courts of England shall have exclusive jurisdiction in relation to any claim, dispute or difference concerning these conditions and any matter arising from them.
Please note that if you are viewing these terms and conditions by accessing and using the Checked-Inn website you are accepting the practices described.
Checked-Inn attribute high priority to your privacy. It follows a data protection policy (available on request) and only that information about you which is necessary is collected in order to process the licence. This information is not shared with outside parties except where it is necessary to process the licence. Whereas every effort is made to ensure information about you is accurate and secure Checked-Inn offers no guarantee of the accuracy or security of such information over the internet. Your information is used by Checked-Inn to improve its website, customer service and provide statistical data for Checked-Inn marketing purposes. Cookies (small files used by websites to identify its users) are used by the Checked-Inn website but do not contain personal information. It is possible to disable cookies by altering the settings on your computer.
Checked Inn Limited (‘We’) have always, and will continue to, be committed to maintaining our award-winning quality of service.
Checked Inn Limited are committed to the protection and respect of the Personal Data we hold on you.
Our use of your personal information is governed by this Privacy Notice and any other documents referred to in it.
What This Policy Does?
This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us.
Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
Checked Inn Ltd is a Controller for the personal information that it collects and uses about you and a Processor for some data referred to us by any Third Party who you would have allowed or enabled to use your data for a lawful purpose relating to our services.
We will always treat your personal information as confidential and your personal information will only be shared with others in accordance with this Privacy Notice.
When you visit our website, www.checked-inn.com, you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy.
This Privacy Notice explains;
- What personal information is
- Your rights in relation to your personal information
- How we collect your personal information
- The types of personal information we collect
- How we use your personal information
- The legal basis for processing your personal information
- How we share your personal information
- How long we keep your personal information
- How we keep your personal information secure
- Overseas transfers of your personal information
- How to make complaints and how to contact us
If we need to change the way in which your personal information is used by us, Checked Inn Limited will update this Privacy Notice, although if the changes are deemed to be significant, we will alert you.
What Is Personal Information?
Personal information is any information that, on its own identifies you, or can be put together with any other either information, can identify you or tell us something about you. This could include information such as name, email address, other contact details, date of birth, bank account details or any information about your needs or circumstances.
Some personal information is classified as “special” data under data protection legislation. This includes information relating to health, racial or ethnic origin, religious beliefs or political opinions and sexual orientation. This information is more sensitive, and we need to have further justifications for collecting, storing and using this type of personal information.
Any references to personal information in this privacy notice will include personal data, and where relevant, special categories of personal data.
Much of the personal information we process is information that you or someone acting on your behalf knowingly provides to us.
On this site, “Checked Inn”, “our” and “we” each mean any permanent Checked Inn Limited Office or temporary location being used as such, in the United Kingdom, which collects and use your information in the manner set out in this Privacy Notice.
When Do We Collect Personal Information from You?
We may collect and process all or some the following data about you when you contact us, enquire with us, stay with us, or interact with us:
The Information You Give Us:
You may give us information about you by starting a licence to occupy with us or filling in forms on our site www.checked-inn.com (“our site”) or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you search for a serviced apartment, book a serviced apartment on our site and when you report a problem with our site. The information you give us at this point is likely to include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number, financial and credit card information, special requirements such as those relating to any disability or medical condition which may affect the chosen arrangements and dietary restrictions (which may disclose your religious beliefs).
The Type of Personal Information We May Collect:
The types of personal information that we may collect, receive and process, includes:
- Your Name
- Personal & Work Contact Details
- Business Title
- Date of Birth
- Visa Information
- Guest stay information
- Dates of arrival and departure
- Goods and services utilised
- Special requests made
- Observations about your service preferences
- Your credit or debit card details, and your bank account details;
- Information feedback or content you transparently provide regarding your marketing preferences, in surveys, competitions, or promotional offers, or to our websites and those of third parties
- Information collected whilst using a facility provided by Checked Inn Limited
- using closed circuit television systems,
- Internet systems (including wireless networks that collect data about your computer, smart or mobile device, or your location),
- Contact with certain vendors and other individuals with whom we do business (e.g. travel agents or meeting and event planners).
The Information We Collect About You
Regarding each of your visits to our website we may automatically collect the following information:
- Technical information
- Including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet
- Your login information
- Browser type and version
- Time zone setting
- Browser plug-in types and versions
- Operating system and platform
- Information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL)
- Click stream to, through and from our site (including date and time)
- Products you viewed or searched for
- Page response times
- Download errors
- Length of visits to certain pages
- Page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs)
- Methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
The Information We Receive from Other Sources
We may receive information about you if you use a website that we either operate or which directly processes Data on our behalf, via the other services we provide. We work closely with many third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers) and therefore we may receive information about you from them.
We will only request as much Data from you that we require at certain stages in our business processes. This is good practice in GDPR terms.
Why Do We Collect This Information?
To provide you with products and services. Each product and service have different information requirements. Therefore, the personal data we need, and what it is needed for, can differ.
To provide you with information about products and services that we, believe will be of interest to you. We will only do this with your consent. You can withdraw your consent at any time by changing your marketing preferences or unsubscribing using the link at the bottom of the emails we send you (this will be an “unsubscribe” link) or by sending an email to email@example.com.
How We Use This Information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
The Information You Give to Us:
We will use this information:
- we may use your name, address and credit/debit card details to process your serviced apartment booking even if this has been booked through an agent;
- we will use your details to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us, to manage your booking, send you notifications and communicate with you generally.
- to provide you with information about other serviced apartments and/or services we offer that are like those that you have already purchased or enquired about;
- to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
The Information We Collect About You:
We will use this information:
- to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to allow you to participate in any interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site about goods or services that may interest you or them.
We may combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We may use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
In addition, if we are providing a service to you, or on your behalf, where we are required to do so by law, we may request a copy of your passport.
You can verify whether your personal information is transmitted using SSL encryption by confirming the symbol of a closed lock or solid key on the bottom bar of your browser window.
Different browsers may use different symbols. You can also verify that your personal information will be encrypted using SSL encryption by making sure that the prefix for the web address listed for that page has changed from “http” to “https”. If you do not see the appropriate symbol and the “https” prefix, you should not assume that the personal information that you are being asked to provide will be encrypted prior to transmission.
The personal information we collect from you online is stored by us and/or our service providers on databases protected through a combination of physical and electronic access controls, firewall technology and other reasonable security measures. Nevertheless, such security measures cannot prevent all loss, misuse or alteration of personal information and we are not responsible for any damages or liabilities relating to any such incidents fully permitted by law.
Where it has come to our attention and is required under law, we will notify you of any such loss, misuse or alteration of personal information that may affect you so that you can take the appropriate actions for the due protection of your rights.
Legal Basis for Processing
What is the legal basis of our data processing?
Under data protection legislation we are only permitted to use your personal information if we have a legal basis for doing so. We rely on the following legal bases to use your information;
Where we need information to perform the contract, we have with you or to provide a service for you;
Where we are complying with a legal obligation;
Where processing is required to carry out activities which are in Checked Inn’s legitimate interests (or those of a third party) to do so and provided that your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests, including:
Processing that is needed for us to promote our business, brands and products and measure the reach and effectiveness of our campaigns. This could include sending marketing information from time to time after you have engaged us to provide services or received services from us which may be similar and of interest to you or where you have expressly indicated that you would like to receive such information. You will always have a transparent right to opt out of receiving this information at any time.
Processing that is necessary to improve our knowledge of the real estate sector – this may include undertaking market analysis and research so that we better understand trends in our business sector and provide better knowledge along with more tailored and relevant services for our customers in the future.
Processing necessary for us to operate the administrative and technical aspects of our business efficiently and effectively – this may include: verifying the accuracy of information that we hold about you and create a better understanding of you as a customer; processing for administrative efficiency purposes such as where we outsource certain administrative functions to third parties who are specialise in such services; processing for network and information security purposes i.e. in order for us to take steps to protect your information against loss, damage, theft or unauthorised access or to comply with a request from you in connection with the exercise of any of your rights outlined below.
In more limited circumstances we may also rely on the following legal bases:
- Where we need to protect your interests (or someone else’s interests); and/or
- Where it is needed in the public interest or for official purposes
- We may process special categories of personal information and criminal conviction information in the following limited circumstances: o with your explicit consent, in which case we will explain the purpose for which the information will be used at the point where we ask for your consent.
Disclosure of Information
We may share your personal information with any member of our Company;
- advertisers and advertising networks that require the data to select and serve relevant adverts to you and others. (We do not disclose information about identifiable individuals to our advertisers).
- analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- if Checked Inn Limited sells any part of the business to a third party, personal data held by it, about its customers may be one of the transferred assets, provided that the recipient is compliant with the EU GDPR;
- who act as “data processors” on our behalf, or to other organisations that perform business functions on our behalf, some of whom are outside the UK/European Economic Area. These functions include administration, providing services (and contacting you were necessary), customer care, business management and operation, re-organisation/structuring/sale of our business (or our group companies), risk assessment, security and crime prevention/detection, research and analysis, marketing, monitoring, measuring and assessing customer purchasing preferences and trends, dispute resolution, credit checking and debt collection.
Where We Store Your Personal Data
The data that we collect from you is stored within the European Economic Area (“EEA”). Data is unlikely to be processed by staff operating outside the EEA who work for us, but where this is identified as having to take
place for the fulfilment of your booking, processing of your payment details or the provision of support services, we will always make sure that your data is secure and subject to the same protection as if it was being processed in the European Economic Area.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. However, whilst you can rely on Checked Inn to ensure that we will do our best to protect your personal data, you should be aware that any transmission of such data is always at your own risk.
Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
The EU GDPR gives people certain rights about how their Data is collected, stored and used.
Your Rights in Relation to Your Personal Data
You have several rights in relation to your personal information, these include the right to:
- Be informed, via this notice or by contacting us with any queries using the details below, about how we use your personal information;
- Obtain access to your personal information that we hold;
- Request that your personal information is corrected if you believe it is incorrect, incomplete or inaccurate;
- Request that we erase your personal information in the following circumstances:
- If Checked Inn is continuing to process personal information beyond the period when it is necessary to do so for the purpose for which it was originally collected;
- If Checked Inn is relying on consent as the legal basis for processing and you withdraw consent;
- If Checked Inn is relying on legitimate interests as the legal basis for processing and you object to this processing and there is no overriding compelling ground which enables us to continue with the processing;
- If the personal information has been processed unlawfully (i.e. in breach of the requirements of the data protection legislation);
- If it is necessary to delete the personal information to comply with a legal obligation
- Ask us to restrict our data processing activities where you consider that:
- personal information is inaccurate;
- our processing of your personal information is unlawful;
- where we no longer need the personal information, but you require us to keep it to enable you to establish, exercise or defend a legal claim;
- where you have raised an objection to our use of your personal information
- Request a copy of certain personal information that you have provided to us in a commonly used electronic format. This right relates to personal information that you have provided to us that we need to perform our agreement with you and personal information where we are relying on consent to process your personal information;
- Object to our processing of your personal information where we are relying on legitimate interests or exercise of a public interest task to make the processing lawful. If you raise an objection, we will carry out an assessment to determine whether we have an overriding legitimate ground which entitles us to continue to process your personal information; and
- Not be subject to wholly automated decisions which produce legal effects, or which could have a similarly significant effect on you.
Where relevant, we may ask you to indicate how you would like to receive any offers, marketing and promotional information (e.g. via email or regular mail) and whether you would be willing to participate in surveys. Once you have indicated your preferences, you can always change them.
In certain circumstances, your consent may be implied by you (e.g. where communications are required to fulfil your requests and/or where you have volunteered information for use by us). In other cases, we may seek your consent expressly in accordance with applicable laws (e.g. where the information collected is regarded to be Sensitive Personal).
Accessing & Updating Your Personal Information
With some limited exceptions, you have rights to access and update personal information held about you. If you want to inquire about any personal information, we may have about you, you can do so by sending us a written request by letter or email to the addresses set out in the “contact” section. Please be sure to include your full name, address and telephone number and a copy of a document evidencing your identity (such as an ID card or passport) so we can ascertain your identity and whether we have any personal information regarding you, or in case we need to contact you to obtain any additional information we may require making that determination.
We will aim to provide this free of charge, in a machine-readable format, within 30 days from your application.
You may request that we correct, cancel, and/or stop processing or using personal information that we hold about you. If we agree that the personal information is incorrect, or that the processing should be stopped, we will delete or correct the personal information. If we do not agree that the personal information is incorrect, we will tell you that we do not agree, explain our refusal to you and record the fact that you consider that personal information to be incorrect in the relevant file(s).
Who Sees Your Personal Data?
The personal data we collect about you will be used within Checked Inn Limited. Exactly who sees your personal data depends on the context in which you provided it.
Sometimes we’ll share your personal data with third parties outside our facilities. We may do this for the following reasons:
- If you give us false or inaccurate information and we suspect or identify fraud we will record this and may also pass this information to fraud prevention agencies and other organisations involved in crime and fraud prevention.
- To comply with applicable laws, regulations and codes of practice or in response to a valid request from a competent authority.
We will only deal with third parties that we trust to treat our customers’ personal data with the same stringent controls that we apply ourselves and we will always be transparent about who may receive this.
How Long Do We Keep Your Personal Data?
How long we keep your personal data depends on the context in which you provided it and the marketing preferences you have expressed. In particular:
- We will keep any personal data we or need to provide you with any of the services we provide to you for the period during which that service is provided;
- We may keep your contact details for as long as we have your consent to send you marketing information;
- We may keep records of any transactions you enter with us for up to seven years plus the year when that transaction was made. This is so that we can respond to any complaints or disputes that arise in that period;
- We will keep other personal data about you if it is necessary for us to do so to comply with the law.
- We’ve implemented technology and security policies, rules and measures to protect the personal data we have under our control, both on and offline, from improper access, use, alteration, destruction and loss.
We will take all reasonable steps to protect your personal information, but data can never be guaranteed as 100% secure. Please note that we will not be liable for any breach of security unless we have been negligent.
What are Cookies?
A cookie is a text-only string of information that a website transfers to the cookie file of the browser on your computer’s hard disk so that the website can remember who you are. Cookies will typically contain the name of the domain from which the cookie has come, the “lifetime” of the cookie, and a value, usually a randomly generated unique number.
Two types of cookies are used on this web site – session cookies, which are temporary cookies that remain in the cookie file of your browser until you leave the site, and persistent cookies, which remain in the cookie file of your browser for much longer (though how long will depend on the lifetime of the specific cookie).
Cookies allow us to obtain information regarding users of our site which essentially helps us to provide you with a better user experience and tailor our services to your individual needs. We may collect information such as your IP address, online activity, web browser details and online activity. We will not however collect or store any of your passwords or other highly sensitive data.
The Cookies that we use
We use the following cookies:
Strictly necessary cookies. These cookies are essential to enable you to move around the website and use its features, such as accessing secure areas of the website. Without these cookies services you have asked for, like shopping baskets or e-billing, cannot be provided.
Analytical/performance cookies. They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
Functionality cookies. These are used to recognise you when you return to our website. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
Targeting cookies. These cookies record your visit to our website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our website and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.
Objecting to Cookies
Most browsers have options that allow the visitor to control whether the browser will accept cookies, reject cookies, or notify the visitor each time a cookie is sent. You may elect to reject cookies by adjusting your browser’s settings. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of our site.
Lifetime of Cookies
Except for essential cookies, all cookies will expire after two hours.
To ensure that we carry out your instructions accurately, to help improve our service and in the interest of security, we may monitor and/or record: (1) your telephone calls; and (2) customer transactions and activities on our website. All recordings are and shall remain our sole property.
Contacting Checked Inn
You can withdraw your consent at any time by changing your marketing preferences or unsubscribing using the link at the bottom of the emails we send you (this will be an “unsubscribe” link) or by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you would like to exercise any of your rights, please contact email@example.com or write to us at:
- The Data Controller, Checked Inn Limited, 2 Nuffield Close, Cambridge, CB4 1SS.